Disclaimer: This is how I do it and what works for me, everyone has their way of doing it.
With Arena of Sompek we face a couple of significant challenges, main ones being the hazards and changing enemies ranging from very easy to extremely hard. Specializations depend on what you are running but for primary contenders are Intel for Tacticals and Temporal Operative for Scientists, Miracle Worker or Command is classical for Engineers, I prefer the former. Secondary is without question Commando.
Kits and their modules will depend on your Class so let's start with the kits:
- Embassy and Spire are a cheap way to get an Ultra Rare Kit with 2x[Kperf] as well as Ultra Rare modules of basic abilities.
- Fans of plasma may take up the Romulan Imperial Kit and combine it with the rest of the set for bonuses.
- Research Lab Kits give a weak ability from another class, useful if you want to add something unexpected to your collection but not that great, also more basic Ultra Rare modules may be found there.
- Borg Kits are for fans of fabrications and spamming abilities.
- Colony World Kits can increase damage or healing depending on type chosen.
Continuing on with the classic kit modules that are useful and anyone may equip em, I have not tested every module in existance but I found these to do the trick:
- Sompek Lightning: while it may be weaker as you level, it does a decent AoE damage, not amazing or anything but okay.
- Mudd's Time Device: One of those save me Kit modules, if you have sustain problems consider it
- Gravity Containment Unit: for bunching up foes for AoE
- Phasic Shroud: one of the best sustain kit modules you can get, watch out though, you can't sprint while it's active
- Echo Papa Drone: drone whose only ability is level up upon dying, great for sompek as it ramps up
- Gravitational Juncture: another good bunch up kit module
- Agony Field Generator: if using phasers very good module
- Orbital Cutting Beam: useful for big bosses but otherwise meh
- Return Fire: bonus damage and module CDR
- Paradox Bomb: another bunch up enemies module
- Solar Gateway: Old reliable but don't use on Tholians
- Pahvan crystals (don't remember the name): Amazing for this
For tactical considerations:
- Photonic Overcharge: moar deeps
- Graviton Spike: loads an AoE pull shot
- Motivation: Good on hit heal
- Trajectory Bending: Just dew it
- Deadly intent: if you have good secondary fire modes
- Piercing Strikes: for pen if needed
For Engineering Considerations:
- Bio-Harmonic Emmiter: Best heal for you and your fabrications
- Neutronic Mortar: Best mortar in the game
- Explosive Drone: who doesn't like suicide drones
- Sabotage: For mechanical units
For Science Considerations:
- Cold Fusion Flash: try it and tell me in the face it ain't good, you just can't
- Endothermic Induction Field: if you want ice instead of exothermic
- Neutronic Radiation: as long as not used against tholians god tier
- Anti-time entanglement field: If you want more debuffs and less AoE damage
This is great. I’ve never used some on here so I’ll have to go shopping. If anyone is EC poor and wants something here, let me know and I’ll help you.
Some other thoughts...
Is Coordinated Synergies a good partner to motivation? Gives self and team a substantial damage boost (less than Motivation though) and a sprint speed boost with much lower cooldown than Motion Accelerator.
Sabotage also disables enemy weapons and destroys their drones or fabrications in a single shot. No effect on biological enemy weapons like the critters from bug hunt or salt vampires.
The Orbital Devastation ground trait is a must have. It causes the orbital beam captain ability to move around the map.
IMHO the sci should have at least one module to heal others on the team. Nanite Health Monitor is popular (automatically delivers a heal to anyone who’s health drops considerably). Best choice if you don’t want to watch everyone’s health. Metaphasic Rejuvination needs to be targeted to someone, heals anyone within 4m or target, but also revives anyone who’s died which is useful in the later levels.
There’s a sci module that gives a substantial energy weapon boost to the whole team. Name escapes me? Could be useful so long as the team are using energy weapons, not bullets or mele.
Controversial, but assimilate can be fun. Slowly accumulates an army of allies which don’t do a huge amount of damage but do give enemies something other than us to shoot at. No effect on some species or fabrications. Probably of little use at the higher sompek levels
Chain Conduit Capacitor fires a refracting electrical charge every 7 seconds or so. Excellent with Borg Combat Kit frame as you can spawn the borg turrets quickly.
There’s an episode that gives a non-combat Horta Hatchling reward. If you do the episode again, you receive a recipe to convert it into a Horta Combat Pet. They’re slow and nothing special, but it’s better than no combat pets.
Gambling Device: substantial boost to own criticals. You can activate it and remove it from your slot and you still get the buff for the full hour. Activating a tribble will remove that buff though. If you can’t afford the 6m EC, a rainbow tribble isn’t bad especially if others on the team have one.
Craft some advanced reprogrammed tholian drones from the Nukara rep. Comes in stack of 10.
Craft a support team from Romulan Rep. Not sure what they all do differently eg Support Team, Strike Team, Shadow Guards etc but basically beams down some help.
Large Kit Overboosters - absolutely essential to have a ton of them for any prolonged ground battle (sompek / colony defence) as it greatly reduces module cooldowns and increases their effectiveness.