It is so ordered that the following steps and procedures are to be followed in selection for approval of a new Official Game for Peg Com by a Supreme Commander, under Peg Com Guild Rule 5(B), Official Games and Game Command Rules.
When we add a game through this office, we are looking at its overall impact on the guild. As a SC we add game of two types. One, an expansion game, this game will be a game meant to add to the current membership and offerings of the guild. While the second, is a replacement game, which will replace a lost Official Game. These two types of adds have different constituencies and different thought processes as to what kind of game we are looking for.
Rules for any game add:
1. The game must have at least minimum guild functions, a roster and some type of in game chat must be present.
2. The game must be PC playable.
3. The game must be an online multiplayer.
4. At least one new Expansion game should be added during each SC term of office.
5. All new expansion games and some replacement games will start under Military Governorships, which means the SC be directly in charge of day to day activities. It should be a primary concern of the SC to move such a game into regular order as soon as possible and appoint a Game Commander.
Rules for Expansion Game Adds:
1. An expansion game will add to the number of official games for our guild. It will be used to grow the community and should not have a negative impact on any current official guild games membership.
2. While not binding, the entire guild must be allowed to name games they would like reviewed by the SC. This will be done on the guild website. The SC will also announce their findings on each game so listed and as to if they will propose the game or not and list reasons for doing so.
3. For game reviews the SC will at a minimum do the following:
a. Read one or more game reviews by an independent game review outlet such as PC Gamer.
b. Review the games Wikipedia article.
c. Watch one or more gameplay videos for the game.
d. If the game is to be proposed, play the game for a minimum of 30 mins while steaming on the Guild Twitch Channel. This is to be posted with its review, and on the guild discord.
e. Look over for cheating issues with the game.
f. Check how healthy the game’s population is as far back as possible.
g. Review the games official forums for new posts and guild advertisements.
h. Review number of hits the video gets on our twitch page.
i. Look at how many people are streaming the game.
j. See how easy it would be to recruit in the game.
4. In general, games that overlap with other Official Guild Games should not be proposed. The idea for expansion games is to add new types of games and grow our membership. Games that add no new type of game play or may reduce another games community should be avoided.
5. In general, four or more games should be proposed and the avoidance of an only up or down vote of approval at the PCSC should be avoided. This gives more choice and will likely result in a better add than if the SC only provides one option.
Rules for Replacement Games:
1. A replacement game is to find a new home game for an existing game community in the guild. This may be necessary due to the shut down of a game or inability to play it for other reasons. It will replace that game and will not be expected to add new members at any large rate.
2. The existing game community for which the game is intended to replace should be involved in proposing games to be reviewed. This is also non-binding but should take place on the website and be linked on discord.
3. The review process for such a game should follow the same Rule 3 for expansion games. With less weight given to any area that conflicts with the rules listed in this section.
11 APR 19