Below is a revised set of our Communication rules, this is an open period for guild comment on the proposed rules before going into effect. Comment period ends 10 MAR 19 at 8 pm Eastern time. If you have any suggestions just post below, thanks.
1. The Discord Server or other communication abilities are to aid in game ops, guild meetings, and allow social interaction between members.
2. Do not use racial, sexual orientation, demeaning or sexist language at all.
3. Do not be disruptive to ongoing operations, follow an op commander’s lead as to what is allowed during game ops or other events.
I. Should you want to talk to a member about something you feel may be offensive, ask other members in the room if they have any issue with non-game chat. If so, just move to another room. We are all adults, and this is not an attempt to control topics, but to help respect the diversity we have in the guild.
II. We are all friends and need to respect others as well as we would want to be. If you want to talk about politics or something not involving an op it may be best to simply drop to a room where that will not interfere with an op or someone’s enjoyment of the game.
4. Additional guidance on politics, this can be a very divisive and difficult area of conversation. It should only be had with known willing participants. As a guild we are nonpolitical in affiliation, but as members we each have our unique points of view. In order to further the goals of our guild, it is important that a distinction be made between political discussion and political preaching.
Political discussion is allowed with willing and known participants at any appropriate time. Political preaching is never allowed. Discussion is the exchange of ideas on a subject, while preaching is commentary on items and events of a political nature meant to convey the speaker’s feelings, thoughts or reactions to something, not to discuss it primary.
5. Complaint procedures: If you feel a violation of these rules has occurred, it must be reported as soon as possible. If it occurred in a game room between members it should be reported to the Game Commander for that game. If the complaint involves a Game Commander complaint should be made to the Supreme Commander. If it involves the Supreme Commander, the complaint should be made to the Office of the President. If the complaint involves the President, complaint should be made to the Chief Judge of the Peg Com Court.
6. Action on a complaint: Once a complaint is received it will be the officer receiving such a complaint responsibility to, if practicable in their opinion, bring the parties together to resolve the issue between the members. For violations not involving action between members, the officer will give warning to the offending party that their conduct is a violation of the rules. Should the above actions not be enough to end the violation or resolve the issues it shall be referred to the Peg Com Court for review.
7. Special powers of Game Commanders in their game channel. Any officer in their channel may mute or move a member for rules violations which occur in their presence, after warning to the offending member. The Supreme Commander and President may do so in any channel. Members may appeal such an action as listed in Rule 5.
8. Any member that maintains their own TS/Discord or other communications server, must understand and abide by the following:
A. We as a guild have no desire to prevent or ask you not to have such a server.
B. However, that server cannot be used for an Official Peg Com Game Event/Op nor become disruptive to guild use of communication abilities.
C. As always, our guild servers are open to nonmembers so long as invited by a member. So, if you wish to play with a non-member on the guild server that is allowed always. Please announce the member so admins and other members know they are with us as a guest.
9. These rules apply to all guild communications be they voice, text, or image. This includes in game chats, emails, and other communications.