On 6 MAR 19, the PCSC meet in closed session to discuss the appeal of the judicial order issued 28 FEB 19. This order was properly appealed on 1 MAR 19, by the ordered party, and on that date the PCSC agreed to hear the appeal.
By a vote of 5 in favor, 1 abstention, and 1 absent the PCSC does modify the order as follows:
1. The Officer Conduct violations are hereby affirmed as issued by the Court.
2. The recommendation of a six-month suspension of the LoL Game Commander is also affirmed.
3. All communication rules violations are hereby vacated, as we believe that without a direct complaint that the conduct is offensive, such a violation cannot occur. Members need to ensure they make complaint of any offensive conduct or other communication rule violation at the time the conduct occurs. Based on the record provided no such initial complaint was made. We are aware that this was a Game Commander and the complaint should have been made to the Supreme Commander as soon as possible to allow the issue to be resolve between the parties.
4. The public apology is also vacated. We believe that an order requiring an apology is not effective, and while in the rules, we will be addressing this in the future. An apology can only be sincere when not compelled and unless free given not a true apology. Also, we believe that it can be seen as a form of public humiliation, which does not fit with the culture of Pegasus Command.
5. We also recommend that to allow the LoL Guild to become more fully integrated with Peg Com, the Office of the President suspend recruitment for the guild for 30 days.